Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm back!!

I know I haven't posted in awhile, I hear about it from my mom like every other day! This week I have been trying to get organized after a fun but crazy weekend. We went to Half Moon Bay for my cousins wedding, she was stunning. I was a bridesmaid so I was on duty the majority of the trip. I was really hoping to have somewhat of a weekend getaway but it didn't really work out like that. In fact I really couldn't tell you anything about the town because all I really saw was the highway and the hotel. All said and done though it was a great weekend. I got to see a lot of my family and my husband was on daddy duty all weekend, thanks honey! Seriously, he was a super trooper the whole time! When we drove into town I was supposed to be at the hotel for the rehearsal dinner so he dropped me off and took Stella to check into our hotel. We didn't stay in the fancy hotel, it was all about the luxurious Comfort Inn for us. After he dropped me off we pretty much swapped our normal roles for the entire weekend. It wasn't as if I was really free though, like I said, bridesmaid duty.

It was a little overwhelming to travel with a toddler, they need a lot of stuff. Its ridiculous how much you have to pack for one tiny person. You have to be Kate Gosselin prepared. And if you forget anything its usually stuff for yourself. Like my jacket for example, here we are heading to the coast for a rainy cold weekend and I was so frazzled about Stella's stuff I didn't even remember my own jacket.

Overall Stella did pretty good on the trip but it was no easy feat. The car ride down was fine but in true Stella fashion she fell asleep for about the last twenty minutes of the care ride. The worst part was having only one room for all of us to sleep in. If I can advise anyone traveling with a young child, especially a toddler, it is almost crucial to have a sweet with two adjoining rooms. Unless you just don't plan on sleeping. Our first night in the hotel ended in tears for Stella and I. We didn't get her to sleep until 10 pm, which is very late for her. At about 1 am someone accidentally called our room and woke Stella out of a dead sleep, screaming. She did not return to sleep until 5 am! Its really hard to get your child to go back to sleep when she can just stand up in her pac-n-play and stare right at you. It was like going back to when Stella was a newborn, tears and all. Luckily the next night she was so exhausted that she slept till 9:30 am the next morning. Praise God for that because that was sleep I desperately needed.

So, now we are back home in our own comfy beds and private rooms. Home is the best. I want to say thank you again to my fabulous husband, he is one awesome dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment