Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Carbohydrate Heaven

Isn't stress kinda crazy? It really does wacky things to your body. Usually if I am stressed I break out with a lovely cold sore. As I've gotten older they only get bigger and more painful, it's really sucky. Stress will weaken my immune system and I end up with a cold, or I just feel tired and lazy. Lately I have been under a significant amount of stress and I find myself eating horribly. Nothing fresh or healthy, just carbs, sugar and fats. I did have an apple slice today but that was probably the only remotely healthy thing I've eaten in about a week and a half. I'm not a super healthy eater but I do really try to maintain a balanced diet. I always struggle to get as many fruits and veggies in as a should but overall I eat decent.

Unfortunately it is the scale that brought the stress eating to my attention. I knew I wasn't eating great but when I went to the doctor Tuesday and stepped on the scale I realized I have gained almost 5 lbs! That may not be a huge deal to some people but for someone my size its noticeable and it goes straight to my gut! If I were going to be over weight in my old age I would be like one of those old ladies you see with chicken legs and a giant belly. I don't know why but that is just where my fat likes to hang out.

Now the hard part: stopping! Now that I have recognized what I've been doing, and think back in horror about the absolute garbage I've been eating, I have to do something about it. Stupid.

I have had to break out of ruts before but I don't enjoy it and I like to complain about it. Well, I like to complain about a lot of stuff. Anyhow, I'm not going to make a plan because It will stress me out even more if I don't follow through. My hope is that now that I can't unconsciously eat and eat and over eat, I will start making better choices like I usually do. Time will tell...and so will my waist line.

No comments:

Post a Comment