Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet relief

Dare I say my evil pregnant twin has left the building? Lately I have been feeling the absence of the edge that has been hanging out with me since early in this pregnancy. My evil twin would be irritated with everyone and everything around her and nobody, especially her husband, could do anything right! Believe me this drove me nuts as much as my family, although Mike probably wouldn't agree with that. I think I hate the hormones almost as much as I hate morning sickness. At least with morning sickness there is a visible reason for any crankiness, just look in my toilet. I also think, and this is a little unfortunate, that it could be because the holidays are past. Isn't that sad? Why do we stress so much over things that are supposed to be joyous?

Anyway, I feel the Lord has exorcised my demons! Or at least I'm having a nice vacation from them. Recently I decided I needed to be a little more proactive in my mental and physical health. I have taken almost a year hiatus from the practice of yoga but this week I went twice. I swear I can't even remember the last time I was that relaxed or calm. I kept making excuses about money, time etc. but no more excuses, my sanity is on the line! I hope I can continue even when I'm waddling to and from class.

Why is exercise so hard anyway? It is so good for you but most of us just don't make the time or effort, me included. I am all or nothing when it comes to exercise. I would rather be a here and there than an all or nothing because when it's nothing I mean nothing. This makes it so much harder to get started because you are out of a routine and out of shape, a very unmotivating combination. I guess pregnancy really forces you to take care of yourself it's just too bad I don't do it as well on my own. Even if my hormones do bring back the evil one from time to time I hope that the exercise will tame her to a tolerable level. Lets hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment