Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What pregnancy?

It is interesting to see how different one pregnancy can be from another. Especially from your first to your second. I don't know if this makes me a bad mother but the romance of this pregnancy is totally not the same. With the first I spent so much time day dreaming about what it would be like to be pregnant and I relished in every change of my body. Even the bad changes weren't so bad. Let me tell you that is not how its happening this time around. I'm not super excited about everything that is growing and I'm to darn busy chasing a toddler around to day dream about having another baby. Its a little sad that I don't have the same amount of time to obsess over this baby. I used to watch three different baby shows on TLC EVERY DAY. Now I have no idea when they would be on and I haven't given two thoughts to how I will decorate the nursery. This poor kid.

I'm sure as my belly and butt get bigger I will start to feel differently, and think more about this baby. But it sure is different when you already have a child that takes up the majority of your focus. I actually have a lot to be thankful for though because if this pregnancy weren't as easy as it is I'm sure I'd be thinking about it a lot more. I'm probably cursing myself as I type this. Watch, tomorrow morning I will wake up with hemorrhoids, sweet. Although I must say carrying around an almost 30 Lb kid all day doesn't feel so great on my back. So its not all roses. We should be finding out in a few weeks what the sex is which is exciting. I think after that I will be able to really imagine another little person in this house. How I'm going to do it, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment