Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Family rocks!

Going to bed last night I realized my family really came through for me yesterday. Nobody did anything miraculous but all the little things really helped me out a lot. Starting in the morning with my mom. Stella decided 5 am was a good time to wake up so our morning was kinda crappy. She was tired and really whiny. Yesterday was one of those days where you have a child attached to your leg all day crying "Mommy, mommy". Even when I was holding her it was "mommy, mommy"! Ahhhh! I'm right here, geez! Anyway, I was talking on the phone to my mom, or trying to talk to her but Stella was just not having it. I told my mom that I had to go. We went to play with Stella's toys in the front room and two minutes later I see my mom pull up. I opened the door with "Grandma to the rescue"! We see each other often but for her to just come right over like that was awesome. She stayed for a good hour or more and played with Stella the whole time. Thanks mom!

My brother also came over in the morning to pick up and get rid of our Christmas tree. I texted him the day before to ask him if he could and he said no problem. So he came over before work just to get my tree, so cool of him. Also my Grandma, who is 83 totally came through. I needed to go into work for a couple hours to help clean the restaurant and last minute she agreed to watch Stella for me. Needless to say I went to bed last night thinking my family was pretty awesome.

We are all pretty close but that doesn't mean we always get along. Infact we bicker and get on each other's nerves alot. Days like yesterday just make so thankful to have family I can count on. We aren't always perfect but I sure do love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment