Monday, February 15, 2010

A family Valentine's day

I am a simple woman. Mike may not agree but It's the simple things in life that make me happy. Yesterday, for example, was not in any way, shape or form a romantic Valentine's day. We went to church in the morning, it was a very nice service. We had brunch with some family, also very nice. Then we came home and I cleaned the house and Mike worked in the yard. We had pesto tortellini for dinner. After dinner I took a bath with Stella, then Mike put her to bed. We watched some of the Olympics while Mike planned what vegetables we are going to plant in our new garden this year. Then I went to bed. No candles, fancy dinner, flowers, chocolate, nothing. You know what? I could care less! The weather was nice and we had a very productive and pleasant day. I was happy with our simple day. Although, I probably would have been just a little happier with some chocolate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment