Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Veggies galore



This is the future site of our vegetable garden. Mike made these planter beds months ago but then winter set in and we didn't get to plant anything. Now we've had all this gorgeous weather and the garden is pretty much the only topic of conversation in our house, except for Stella of course. Mike is obsessed I tell ya, obsessed! He has the beds plotted out on the computer, every plant has a home.

I'm a little apprehensive about the amount of vegetables he is going to plant. I have images in my mind of counter tops filled with giant zucchinis and onions and Betty Crocker here is supposed to figure out what to do with them all! Mike assures me it will be fine because you don't plant them all at once.

This garden is definitely Mike's baby but I am really excited about it too. I think he wishes I was just as into it as he is but the reality is I've got a toddler and another on the way. I don't see to much time spent frolicking in the garden in my future. Hopefully the baby will like his swing and Stella loves to be outside, then Mike and I can work in the yard.

It should be great though, our own little farmers market! If you have any experience with a vegetable garden and how to make the best use of all these veggies please share!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had those vegi boxes! I'm so not the gardener...but would love fresh stuff at my finger tips!

    ReplyDelete